Wednesday, August 25, 2010

holding on to summer

I'm trying to hold on to the last days of summer. I will miss the "beat the heat" days that we had this summer. The days where you just want to sit back, sip lemonade and pray for a cool breeze at night. I will miss steamed crabs, popsicles with my children and the tiny, but significant lights from the fireflies. It's back to school for many this week-- including myself as a teacher. I look forward to meeting my new students, bright eyed, and full of laughs for me. I look forward to the amazing photo projects I hope to create with them. I look forward to falling into the Fall leaves. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Back to summer...where was I, oh yes, we had a recording breaking HOT summer, but it was the best. Hope you too are enjoying the rest of the days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment