Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Blessed Healing









Yesterday Leena A. photography kicked off the wedding season with a lovely wedding. I had the pleasure of photographing a beautiful couple. Candace and Stephen met many years ago and have even lived in Africa together.  Their distant journey led them back to the States, and into each other's hearts.  During a quiet moment when I stole the couple away from their ceremony to take pictures of each other I asked them to remember their first kiss. As I looked through my lens, I could feel the super love, devotion and compassion that they felt for one another while they giggled and looked into each others eyes.  There were so many moments like this, that I could go on and on. I immediately took to Stephen. He is a fellow graphic artist and creative soul. Candace is a quiet, giving soul with so much love to share. It was so refreshing to see such innocent love. The words from (one of my favorite artists) India Arie was playing at one moment and it stood out in my mind the entire night--- "Told him my biggest secret And he told me four. He smiled at me and said that makes me love more And then he made me laugh And I knew it was a sign That he was a man, That I wanted in my life"-- India Arie from "He Heals Me"....These beautiful words summarized the moment that Candace knew that Stephen would be her husband. India Arie couldnt' have put it better.
I wish them the best! Without giving too much away, here is a sneak peek from their lovely day. More to come later.  Enjoy! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGness...I feel like screaming for joy, crying, smiling, and giving you a GIGANTIC HUG all at the same time. I LOOOOOOVE what you've captured thus far and your commentary is AWESOME!

    I love you Eileen-- you're simply amazing!! It was a pleasure to have you present on our special day.

    I can't wait for Steve to see this... then we'll both be waiting with baited breath for the remaining shots you have for us. Aahhhh, my Leeny, we thank you a kajillion times over.

    xoxoxo xoxoxo xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete